Monday, September 27, 2010

Super Sunday

Sunday was such a busy day for me. I spoke in sacrament meeting, I taught nursery, and then I did my visiting teaching after church. I was pretty nervous for my talk but I think it went well. Right when sacrament meeting was starting the Stake President walks up on the stand and sits next to me. Ha, no pressure right! Everyone laughed when I told them how Spencer was my home teacher and that's how we met. My talked was based off Elder Bruce A Carlson's talk in the April 2010 conference about the reason people disobey the commandments.

I then went to the cave also known as nursery where we had 11 kids. (Way better then 2 weeks ago when there were 18 kids!!). I went over the song "I Am a Child of God," and the Plan of salvation. I don't know if they got anything out of it but I tried. We played with cars, legos, balloons, and colored for 2 hours and then church was over.

Once I got home I went with my visiting teaching companion to visit 2 of our sisters and had a wonderful visit. We just got to know them better and shared the message for the month of September.

Once it was all done I was exhausted! Church starts at 9 and I was all done by 3! But I do feel good about all of it! I've spoken in sacrament meeting now so hopefully ill be able to get by a while without doing it again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment