Monday, August 23, 2010

MMMM!


( this is a NEW kind of bruchetta we tried and it was so yummy, the one listed below is our basic recipe)

I am completely obsessed with bruchetta! Spencer and I buy basil, tomatoes, and a French baguette every week. I don't where this sudden obsession came from but it is so delicious and easy!!!! just slice the bread and rub it with a garlic clove for flavor, Then brush the bread with olive oil. stick it in the oven for about3-5 min on broil ( it will be quick so keep an eye on it). Then slice Roma tomatoes and use fresh basil( amazing) and drizzle with evoo and salt. then your ready to eat! yummy. We really do make this every week. It taste so fresh and yummy, not to mention very good or you.

enjoy! I know I do.

p.s we have been just buying a fresh bunch of basil every week for $1 at the local farmers market.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds great!!! I actually have to be careful eating basil -- I love the taste -- but for whatever reason it upsets my tum :(

    Have you tried any of The Pioneer Woman's recipes?? Her pizza crust is my favorite pizza crust recipe! We also love her jalapeno popper things, but I use the recipe from her cookbook because it includes BBQ sauce & cheddar. Seriously, browse her website & you'll feel the pounds add on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Now I know what to do with our quickly fading basil plants...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. made it last night...awesome appetizer to our frittata. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no prob glad i could help. simple and amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete