Thursday, April 26, 2012

Living the Dream

At least once a week I have a moment where I think, "I can't believe I live in NY!"
 It's crazy to me to think Spencer and I are HERE and he is in culinary school. I can hardly believe we drove the whole way here. It was a crazy long trip of 6 days of driving. And NO I would not recommend an across country trip. It wasn't too fun, but we made it.
Somehow we managed to meet nice enough people to help us get our two feet on the ground until we found our own place. And all of this started with a though, just a thought.

"hey Spencer maybe you should look into culinary school, you seem to be interested.."
and Bam I've been in NY for 4 months!

I was talking to my dad and he teaches at a college and he said on the first day of class he talked about Spencer and me, mostly Spencer. He hold me he told his class that his son-in-law is living his dream and making it come true. He told them he found a career that he LOVES and makes him happy and he is pursuing it!

I really believe you can be anything you want to be if you want it bad enough and you try hard. Spencer has already finished his first chunk of classes and he got good grades and next week it will be the second career fair since he started. He will be looking at potential extern sites for his 4 month extern, and I could not be more proud of him.

If you have a dream, you can make it happen, just don't be afraid to take the first step. Having a spouse with you helps a lot  :)

Just a thought. <3

1 comment:

  1. Super exciting adventure for you two! Looks like you had a great birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete