Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tipping

          I don't understand why some people go out to eat when they can't afford to tip, or for that matter afford to pay for their bill. I have been working in a restaurant for over 3 years now and I just don't understand some of these people sometimes.

          What is with the $5 tip people? I understand if your bill is under $30 but really if your bill is $80 or $100, $5 is no way to say thank you. People are so frustrating. Or the way people just tip you with their words. They say, " O great job, you were awesome tonight!" and then you get like a $3 tip??? There are also those Lovely's who leave a fat 0 tip! 
          This is just so frustrating because when i get a 0 tip it means I am paying money because the restaurant expects me to tip the people help me because they expect me to get a tip. 
          I am not taling bad service here, i'm talking about cheap people, and there are plenty of them. It is also frustrating when the restaurant I work at does not add Gratuity to large parties. WE always get a ton of large parties on the weekend 15+ people and it is usually separate checks ( a huge pain). Although you always say, "O it's no problem." Its hard and annoying to do, not to mention it takes longer. 
          There are those nice tables or large parties who will leave a fair or even generous tip which will sometimes make up for the slackers. But what I'm trying to say is if you don't have the money to tip, DONT GO OUT! It's  easy.  or order to-go. 
  


1 comment: