Saturday, March 20, 2010

Terrible Tantrums and Terrible Tips

I made it through another week at Freedom Elementary. I’m getting a handle on this in the classroom, and I actually took a few days off at the restaurant. Over the past week Freedom has been a challenge ( but I still love my job, it can just be difficult). My student throws tantrums when she doesn’t want to listen or “ follow directions,” ( This is something we are always saying to the kids, follow directions..). During stations this week one little boy didn’t want to do his math like I told him so he drew sad faces on his paper. I’ve been bit, kicked, punched…and ohh yeah had my feet stepped on a billion times! ( Don’t worry they are not strong, but still kids should be doing this stuff). I am determined not to let her get the best of me. Even though she may run away and be a royal pain, I stick to my guns and always follow through with the punishments. With Friday coming to a close and another week under my belt I would say things are getting better. But I will say one thing is true, never a dull moment at Freedom.
Since I have been working so much this week I decided to take a little break from Logan’s and go back to work tonight. The night is going alright and I get a party of little 20 year olds and what happens I get a 1% tip which was $2!!! You do the math. I went to work with such a happy attitude and let me tell you things changed after that. People make me crazy! I worked my butt off and get nothing to show for it.

Well this was my way of venting because I have to do it all over again tomorrow. Thanks for the chat.

1 comment:

  1. Dude...I have similar experiences at the hospital, except in addition to all the things the kids do at Freedom, the people at the hospital like to run around naked a lot.
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete