Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mega Allergies

I have lived in the Central Valley my entire life and had never had any allergies until the last year and a half. Tons of people in the Valley suffer from allergies and I had always enjoyed NOT being one of those people.

Last spring i started showing signs of allergies so I stated taking an allergy pill and everything was fine. This spring things are not working out for me so far. I have been taking an allergy pill every day but it seems to be doing nothing. The sneezing, the runny/ stuffy nose, the ITCHY eyes, I just can't take it. All the while my husband is having no allergy problems. Great! I talked with my school nurse about what else I can do to help my allergies so I recently bought some over the counter eye drops for itchy eyes. They clear up the redness in my eyes a little but they are still itchy!

This morning I woke up and was convinced I had pink eye now because some people from work had it and it is very contagious. My eyes were so itchy, red, and there was goopy in my eyes. I called in sick to work and headed over to urgent care ( ya for having insurance now!) I saw the doctor and she said it was just allergies!

I Hate Allergies!

She wrote me some different prescriptions for a nasal spray and some other eye drops that should help a little but she didn't' give me any guarantee. When I went to wallgreens to pick up my medications the pharmacist said, " O you have allergies? You must not be from the valley." Weird because I am from the valley! I also decided to buy allergra. I am hoping this allergy pill will work better. It was a much higher dosage of antihistamines.

I told Spencer I am done with Fresno and I want to move ASAP to get out of this crappy air. December can;t come soon enough ( the month were are planing on moving out of this place to who knows where. maybe NY?? I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment